- VA Loans DO NOT require you to have perfect credit. Each lender’s requirement is different; however, you do not need to have perfect credit to use a VA loan. More often than not, if you can rent in the Jacksonville, NC area, from a property management company, you would be eligible for a VA loan, also. Reach out to local real estate agent, Kelli Salter, to get in touch with some of our trusted lender partners to find out your options.
- VA Loans DO NOT take long to close. VA Loans generally do not take any longer to close than an FHA or Conventional loan. Our lender partners can usually get you home loan closed in 30 days or less, with your cooperation, of course!
- VA Loans are NOT DIRECTLY given by the Federal Government. VA Loans are NOT written directly by the VA or the Federal Government! The federal government backs the loan in the event of default. You can obtain your VA Loan from any lender you choose. Which leads me to my next misconception…
- VA Loan Interest Rates ARE NOT Set by the Government. You can shop your VA Loan interest rate to see what different lenders have to offer. Make sure when you are shopping around that you compare origination fees and discount points as those will change the cash needed at closing amounts. Many of our lender partners near Camp Lejeune, NC do not charge an origination fee for VA loans. Ask lots of questions so you get the best deal for your money!
- VA Loans CAN be used more than once! Some people tell me they are waiting to use their VA home loan until they get out of the military because they can only use the loan once. That is NOT the case! You can use a VA loan as many times as you’d like. You can even have more than one VA loan out at a time as long as the combined total doesn’t exceed your eligibility.
Do you have questions about buying your first home in Jacksonville, NC? Not sure where to start with the basics of a VA Loan? You need a REALTOR® serving you who is proficient in military home buying! Call Kelli Salter, real estate agent, at Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage to get started buying your new home!