I’m here to tell you— take a deep breath. So much of the buying process can be done virtually. First, let’s ease your online home buying fears. I understand you may be asking; how do I know if the rooms, bathroom, or even yard is spacious if I’m not in it?
As a military relocation specialist and Marine wife, I’m here to tell you that I’ve been doing this for years for many happy families. Below are seven (7) steps to help you buy a house from afar in Jacksonville, NC.
1. Get A Local Agent with Military Experience – If you’re looking to buy a home from afar, this is the most important piece of advice we can give you. A local agent with military experience understands the market and VA loans. They know the pricing, neighborhoods, and can introduce you to local VA lenders. Not sure what to ask when interviewing agents? In this blog, we give you some ideas: What to Ask a Realtor
2. Research Homes Online – We can help you find a home but having a basic understanding of what’s out there and the type of home you’re looking for will help us do our job better. When searching for homes online, use ONLY up to date search sites.
We do not recommend that you use Zillow since most of the listings on the website are not up to date. You don’t want to fall in love with a house, only to find out it sold 3 months ago. You can use our search website, BuyWithKelli.com, since it feeds from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and updates every hour.
3. Get Your VA Loan in Order – If you plan on using a VA loan to buy your new home, we recommend getting a pre-approval with a local lender before requesting a showing. You don’t want to find your dream home only to discover that it is out of your budget.
You should go with a LOCAL lender because they know the Jacksonville real estate market. They can also help us craft an offer that gets you what you want. Besides, you need to confirm your eligibility and know your credit score.
4. Virtually Tour Houses with Your Agent – Now that you’ve gotten pre-approved by a local lender, it’s time to tour homes with your agent. We have helped hundreds of buyers get their dream home without them physically being here. Our buyer’s consults are done online, and we maximize all the latest tech tools.
Even with a different time zone, we can arrange online meetings to answer your questions and introduce you to local lenders. Also, you get to receive 360 virtual tours of the homes on your wishlist. At HomebyKelli, transparency is my watchword so you will get a true picture of the state of the homes we show you.
5. Make an Offer – With the moving season already here, the good listings are going as fast as they come. Making the right offers on time plays a role in the success of your home buying process. If you feel there is a need to negotiate on the seller’s price, I am open to helping you get the best price possible.
We take advantage of an electronic system that makes it easy for you to make an offer and sign it right away. The faster you make an offer, the sooner we will present it to the seller.
6. Go Under Contract – Once we have helped you negotiate the best deal possible and the seller accepts, you’ll be under contract. You will need to sign all the necessary documents to move the transaction to under contract. Also, we will help you carry out all the necessary inspections and appraisal. Be rest assured, because you will be getting the best deal and team possible.
7. Close and Celebration – Once you’ve been pre-approved for your VA loan and under contract, you’ll even be able to close remotely. The only signatures that you need to make in-person will be that of your lender and escrow company. Closing your home will add peace of mind before you move. If you’re able to get to this step, congratulations and welcome to Jacksonville, NC.
Buying a new home in Jacksonville, NC doesn’t need to be stressful because we are here to take the burden off you. From finding the right neighborhood, home, to securing VA loans, we have got you covered.