In our transient market in Jacksonville, NC, it can be important to sell your home quickly. PCS orders can be unexpected, happen fast, and you can’t tell the military “we’d rather stay!”. This type of timeline creates a whole other level of stress, especially for first time home sellers. That’s why we’re here! Here are six great steps to sell your home fast with Kelli Salter, top local real estate agent.
1. Find a Great REALTOR® – The first step in swiftly selling your home is finding a local REALTOR® to list and sell your home. When looking for the right REALTOR®, you should make sure that they have experience listing homes in your local area. Ask them questions such as Do they know the neighborhood? Houses that have recently sold? Price? Days on Market? Your REALTOR® should also have a robust marketing plan to market your home. You do not want an agent who is a “post and pray” agent. That means they post the house in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and pray for a buyer. Find an agent with a proven track record selling homes. Not sure what questions to ask a prospective listing agent? Find out here
2. Declutter and Depersonalize – You want prospective buyers to be able to envision themselves living in your home. Family photos, mementoes, kid’s artwork, and awards/accolades are a distraction for a buyer. You want to take down personal items, and replace them with other decoration, such as vases or art work. Also, declutter!! We all have mounds of things in our homes that we could and should get rid of. You want your home to look as spacious, tidy, and appealing as possible to a prospective buyer. Get rid of things that don’t belong!
3. Make Necessary Repairs – Have you been putting off painting, fixing that leaky faucet, or power washing the house? Now is the time to take care of those items. Any items that you know of in your home that should be addressed, need to be repaired. You will not want a buyer to exclude your home from their list because they think it’s a “fixer-upper”. These items will also be noted in a home inspection. This could give the buyer reason to think they should back out of the sale.
4. Increase Curb Appeal – If you list in the spring or summer, make sure your yard is manicured! Keep the grass cut, hedges trimmed, and driveways edged. Curb appeal is the first impression. As soon as a buyer arrives, it will take only seconds for them to get a feel for your home. You want that impression to be a positive one. Other good ideas are to power wash your house, plant new fresh flowers and give your door a new coat of paint! Put down fresh mulch, even if you don’t have flowers, it still gives the beds a polished, vibrant look.
5. Stage and Photograph – Does that chair look best there or over there? Work with your REALTOR® to rearrange your furniture so that your home appears spacious and functional. If you are still living in your home, we will arrange your furniture so it photographs best. Speaking of photography, only use a professional photographer. Buyers have an expectation of excellent photography. If they need to choose fast, a buyer will strike your home from the list for bad photos. We always want to put our best foot forward when marketing your home.
6. Price it Right – The last and most important step is to price your home correctly! There are a couple of different pricing strategies we can use to price your home based on your timeline. Your REALTOR® will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A CMA outlining what comparable (“comps”) homes have sold for recently. The bottom line is no amount of marketing will sell an overpriced home.
If you are looking to sell your home in Jacksonville, NC, give top local agent Kelli Salter a call. She has a proven track record of selling homes fast and for top dollar. Her marketing strategy is on the cutting edge. Her strategy includes extensive social media advertising, live tours, and a robust website to entice buyers to schedule a showing on your home!