- Most For Sale by Owner Sellers are still willing to pay the REALTOR® who brings the buyer on their home for sale. For no additional cost to you as the buyer, the seller will pay your realtor to help you navigate the buying process and make sure you don’t make any costly mistakes.
- Determining Fair Market Value – Chances are you don’t analyze the real estate market in your free time. That’s what a REALTOR® is for! Your chosen real estate agent will pull comparable sales of similar homes in the Jacksonville, NC area to prepare your offer. If you are using a VA home loan, this is especially important so that you don’t make a costly mistake by offering too much for a home and have it not appraise for contract price.
- Paperwork – There is so much paperwork that goes into putting a home under contract and navigating the escrow and mortgage requirements for a home. If this is your first home purchase, don’t go at it alone. The standard North Carolina Offer to Purchase is 14 pages long… there are so many nuances about buying a home and pieces of information (think contingencies and who pays what fees!) that you will potentially miss if you don’t use a pro.
- Inspections – Having a REALTOR® near you in your corner will help you navigate the inspection process, as well. An experienced real estate agent with a reputable real estate agency in the local area will be able to guide you on which repairs are important to ask to be repaired before closing and ones that can wait. A local REALTOR® should also have connections with local contractors who can help you with prices and future repair needs on the for sale by owner in Jacksonville, NC.
- An Advocate – Bottom line you need an advocate to help you buy a home. Your REALTOR® is going to help you navigate each step of the home buying process, especially if you use a VA-loan or if this if a first time home buying purchase for you. Each sale brings a unique set of challenges that a good real estate agent will know the answer to or will know how to get the answer to.
If you are in the market for a new home in the greater Jacksonville, NC area – including Richlands, Hubert, Swansboro, Sneads Ferry, Holly Ridge, Surf City, or Hampstead—give expert real estate agent, Kelli Salter at Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage a call at (910)358-8868.